The purpose of this Site is to provide users with information regarding The FIDO Alliance, its objectives and activities, its members, and its deliverables. It also attempts to provide recent and past news about The FIDO Alliance and access to materials developed by The FIDO Alliance. The Site also provides a mechanism for organizations to join The FIDO Alliance.
What information we collect:
The FIDO Alliance may ask for and collect from you personally identifiable information at certain points throughout the site. Depending on the information and/or services you request, we may ask for information including your name, e-mail address, company name, title, address, phone and fax number, and similar information. In general, you can visit The FIDO Alliance's web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
In addition to the information you knowingly provide us, we keep track of the domains and IP numbers from which people visit us. We also collect site usage statistics such as web browser types and page requests and track users' movements. This data is not personally identifiable and is used to more efficiently operate our business, prepare for network load demands, promote the services and administer the site. To the extent this information is associated with a particular user, that information will be considered personally identifiable information and will be protected accordingly.
How we collect information:
We will obtain your consent before linking your personal information with information about you obtained from other sources.
How we may use your information:
- To respond to your requests or provide you further information about The FIDO Alliance, including membership opportunities, new developments, and communications from The FIDO Alliance members.
- To provide you with personalized content.
- For members of The FIDO Alliance to: list member company names in a public Website directory.
- Create contact lists in a members only area to permit working group members to contact each other.
- Permit anyone affiliated with a member to have their contact information made available in a members-only area.
- To give our Site developers information that may be useful for developing new features and products for customers.
- To improve the content and navigability of the Site.
- To alert you to new site features, products, events and special offers.
- If required to do so by law, court order or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; when we believe in good faith that disclosing this information is necessary or advisable, including, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of The FIDO Alliance, our members, users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With whom we share your personal information:
The FIDO Alliance will not disclose your personally identifiable information to any company not a member of The FIDO Alliance unless it is: (i) at your request, (ii) to outsource one or more of the functions described in the previous section, or (iii) with the proper authorities in response to a legal order or official request.
Consent for cross-border transfer of information:
The Site is not directed to children. We do not intend to collect personal information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age.
Linking to other sites:
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. The FIDO Alliance is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the websites you visit.
How you can decide what communications you will receive:
You may opt-out from The FIDO Alliance Public Mail Lists if you do not wish to receive further communications from The FIDO Alliance. We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make as promptly as possible.
How we protect information:
The FIDO Alliance attempts to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information. We have a strict internal security policy that limits access to production systems and personal information only to authorized personnel. Our servers are protected by reasonable physical and electronic security.
How to Contact Us: